2009-04-18

Game 12 - Holy Freakin' Carp

Tonight was the first day of the rest of my life. I left my house for a show tonight when our Twins were down 4-3 in the seventh. A deficit of even one run seems impossible to overcome after that series against Toronto, so I didn't feel too bad about leaving the game for a dingy rock club on Minneapolis' Northeast side. Fortunately, the game was on in the bar and I caught little glimpses here and there. I was on my way to the restroom when I passed a television and saw Jason Kubel comlete the Cycle with a go-ahead Grand Slam and nearly lost my mind. The entire bar though I was on the approaching insanity, but when I dropped to my knees and started laughing my fool head off and pointing at the vaulted television, they understood and proceeded to follow suit. Win to Gurrier. Loss to something called Bulger. Nathan gets the save and Kubel becomes the seenth Twin to hit for the cycle, and the second in as many years after Gomez did on the Southside of Chicago last year.
As previously stated, I spent the night at a show mainly to check out a band we'll be sharing the stage with later this month (Telepathos), scope out a venue we'll be playing in late June (The Terminal Bar), and to hang flyers for said June show. It all went well and my friend Griffin made great company. Later we hung out with our mutual friend Jesse. We walked to another nearby bar (U Otter B Inn?) grabbed a few more drinks and proceeded to get entirely soused. We sang karaoke, hit on a grip of cougars, and stumbled into the streets on a warm spring night. This is how life was intended to be spent; intoxicated, celebratory and posing for cell phone cameras until dawn's early light. God Bless these lives of ours.

Today's Music: "Better Bring You Friends" by The Secret Machines

PXL