2009-04-14

Game 9 - Free Baseball, a Walkoff Win and Taxes

That's how seasoned fans refer to extra innings; Free Baseball. You pay for 9 innings, anything after that is gratis. And so after Glen Perkins and Ricky Romero finished their days allowing only two runs a piece, the bullpens got fired up and did their jobs levaing this game to be settled in extra frames. Fortunately for Twins fans, Crede doubled home the Big Canadian Kid with two outs in the bottom of the 11th inning for their first walkoff win of the 2009 campaign, and ending a 10-game losing streak to the Blue Jays. Twins win 3-2 over the Jays in 11 innings. Win to 'Boom-Boom' Crain, loss to Carlson, kudos to Crede. Welcome to the new guy.During the game I filed my taxes, a last-minute ritual of mine. I always wait until the last minute, and when I finish I always wonder why, because I inevitably get money refunded to me in decent amounts. I figure that I wait so long so that I have time to daydream about where the money will go. I know that it should go to bills and debts, but this time around it really needs to go to music gear. I'm undecided right now, but I'm sure you'll see how it turns out.

Today's Music: "Return of the Post-Moderns" by Better Than Ezra

PXL