2009-04-19

Game 14 - Sweeping the Halos

This afternoon the Twins completed a sweep of the poorly named Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim winning 3-1 in the last of a three-game series. Perkins allowed one run while pitching 8 innings for the third staright start and earned a much deserved win. Loss to Loux. Save to Nathan.
After having so much fun the last three days I decided to stay in today and watch the game at home after church. Overnight a westerly cold front brought dark clouds and drizzle, which made it feel like fitting way to spend a Sunday. I laid on the couch in my empty house wearing my favorite sweater and watched the game from there with a tall glass of water.

Afterward I walked over to my childhood ballfield and the neighboring old junior high in the drizzle. It's empty now with the weather and all, but soon the neighborhood kids and I will spend afternoons here living out lazy summer days in our playclothes. Tonight, however, is family dinner. Tomorrow is our Twins' first off-day of the season. A two-gamer starts in Boston Tuesday night. See you then.

Today's Music: "Immolate Yourself" by Telefon Tel Aviv (RIP Charles Wesley Cooper III)

PXL